View Single Post
Old 06-30-22, 05:07 AM
palincss

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
You will probably want a better wheel set, White Industries is a good way to go as they will make Road Boost stuff (I checked a couple years ago) The stock wheels won't hold up for us. However I might have you look at some other bikes. Not so much for wheelsize or anything like that but more motor power. You may want to try something with a Bosch motor, I think it might hold up a bit better for a larger rider using the bike often. As a larger rider myself but a touch lighter than you I am currently riding a Bosch bike and haven't had issues. I might also see if you can find one of the new Fazua bikes I am curious to try one as I have ridden the SL line up and it is nice but the numbers for Fazua do look a little better and having that extra torque to get up the hills is nice and especially as a larger rider we are asking a bit more of that system generally.
If you think the Class 3 Specialized Creo isn't powerful enough, you surely won't be happy with a Fazua. The Creo has a lot more power and a lot more range than a Fazua. Fazua is, after all, one of the two main proponents, along with Mahle, of the "light weight, just enough power" approach to e-bikes, where the goal is to be as light as possible and provide minimal assistance that feels natural like riding a purely mechanical bike.