Old 01-24-11, 02:17 AM
mplotkin

Bikes: 1994 Ryan Vangaurd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Having ridden a recumbent since 1993 I agree with all the posts so far. Bentonline has a links page that lists most of the manufactures and allows you to look at their websites for information. Going to the shop that specializes in recumbent bikes will help a lot. Plan at least a few trips. First is to test the different configurations, two wheel, three wheel and then short wheel base, long wheel base different wheel sizes ect. Your second trip should include some longer test rides on selected models after the first general test and information session. Third trip is a charm, this should include an extended ride on only one or two choices. Good luck and have fun! My last bit of wisdom is not to let the price get in the way to a certain extent. We all have budgets but one or two of the bikes will just feel "right". Let that be you guide. Spending a few hundred dollars more on something you may own for decades will be money well spent in the years to come. I ride a Ryan Vanguard and totally enjoy it. Longbikes is the equivalent in today's market. Let us know how it goes!