Old 07-25-19, 09:46 PM
ahultin

Bikes: 2003 Cannondale Jekyll 1000, 2014 Fuji Finest 1.5 (wife), 2008 Fuji Finest 1.0 (Daughter), 2012 Fuji Cross 2.0 (son), 2011 Cannondale Road Tandem 2

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by act0fgod
Bummer about the shipping damage. Why are you going to re-sell?
This tandem belongs to one of my blind stokers. He purchased it when he was just starting to lose his vision and had NO tandem experience. The independent pedaling system while ingenious has not been optimal for him and his situation. In addition, the bike has shifted poorly since he bought it. The plan was to upgrade it to XTR DI2 which would hopefully resolve shifting issues and I had started down that road for him. I spoke with Todd at DaVinci about the shifting performance issues and he indicated that the bike, setup by Crank2/Calfee with Shimano triple should have had his custom ramps(which it did) and his custom pinned 28 tooth front "ring"(which it did not) I ordered the custom pinned 28t ring from him and installed it on arrival and like magic shifting has been flawless. He has since purchased a new tandem that checks all the right boxes.