View Single Post
Old 10-12-22, 05:33 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
You must be a monster climber. I bow down.

I have only surrendered to two hills and walked. One was at the end of a very long ride on a 90 degree day with a 12% climb and I was past exhausted. The other was on the one I mentioned before since I was out of air and my legs were on fire. It’s a matter of personal pride that I don’t walk any climb so I don’t have to wear that cone of shame.

I have the same thing and I know it's totally irrational. Last Saturday, I had this weird thing happen to me when I didn't realize the road took a very sharp rise on the other side of a blind curve. I started the hill in way too high of a gear and got about 50 feet from the start of the slope before I really came to a stop as it was too late for downshifting to do any good. I ended up turning around, going back to the approach to the hill, and climbing it in a "do over". I was fine approaching it in an appropriate gear. I felt kind of silly doing the
backtrack, but was going to be damned if I was going to let the hill "beat" me.
Likes For livedarklions: