Old 05-05-17, 06:12 AM
globecanvas
Ninny

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by topflightpro
Anyway, my wife came back yesterday after being gone for about 10 days for travel and as she was unpacking the car, the two boys rolled up, and the more vocal one asked: "He know you're here?"
I get it. When we moved in to our current house 20 years ago, I spent the first summer replacing all the windows and re-siding the house. There were a couple of ~8 year old kids who would come over every day. One of them would just talk non-stop, giving me useful advice like "don't fall off that ladder!" and asking me over and over and over about our 69 GTO (long since sold, now). That kid's family was sort of notorious in town for being trouble, and I used to really wonder if the kid's older brothers were like "keep that new guy busy in the front yard while we rip off his stuff out the back door!" I always thought the kid swiped a garden gargoyle that was here when we moved in (not that I cared, we're not the garden gargoyle types) but coincidentally my wife just happened to dig the gargoyle out of the compost heap just last week and I said "wow I thought the neighbor kid stole that 20 years ago."

Actually the kid's older brother was later arrested for breaking into houses, but I don't think they were organized enough to use the little kid as a decoy. Anyway, a few years later the kid's whole family packed up and abandoned their house in the middle of the night and moved to North Carolina to live with some relatives. Which is where you live, right? The chattermouth kid would be almost 30 now but maybe it's the second generation? Wouldn't that be something.