Cypress
Globo Gym lifetime member

Bikes: Fast ones

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked 614 Times in 306 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
I think it boils down to if you are hit by a car you're probably going to take resources better used for covid19. A local got hit the other day and is now in the hospital recovering, because a car rolled through a yield sign without looking. A few rides ago someone blew a stop sign and very nearly sideswiped me. There is definitely less traffic, but people are kinda driving like dicks right now.

That said I'm still riding outside, I'm just sticking close to my house in case my wife needs to scrape me off the road, and all the roads are 30-40mph zones. I'm assuming we're gonna be told no riding outdoors soon, so I'm taking in fresh air while I'm still allowed.
I definitely get the "hit by a car" thing.

I see it that someone would have to literally be driving off of the road in exactly the right place in order to hit me. The rural aspect of my roads are such that I hear the cars coming from a waaaays off and their line of sight is generally pretty good. I honestly am more afraid of getting mauled by a cougar (literal, not figurative) than being hit by a car at this point.