jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
I've had PT, Quarq and SRM pms.

In my experience, each gave me different numbers. 300w on a PT was much easier to hit and hold than 300w on the SRM. Quarq was in the middle. I also know it was much easier to hit very high sprint numbers on the PT than my SRM, though my highest recorded power came on the SRM. And when on the Kickr and using the Wahoo app, the Kickr numbers are usually about 5-10% higher than my SRM numbers.

At this point, I have SRMs on three bikes, and all three give me the same numbers.

I also now have a Stages that I took off my wife's bike before she sold it and doesn't fit on any of her other bikes, but I haven't used it yet, so I don't know where it fits into this.
If the Stages is NDS and your pedals are dual, potentially there could be a difference (either high or low) depending on if your left leg is dominant or not. Not because the NDS PM is not accurate, but because it's only taking that one reading and applying it to the right as well. I have not met anyone who's L/R balance stays consistent in all conditions. In general if you are climbing at a high steady effort, L/R is pretty consistent, but when you throw variations in effort, level of fatigue, etc.... that's when the variation starts opening up and where you will see an effect on total power.

Last edited by jadocs; 02-19-21 at 09:58 AM.