View Single Post
Old 03-13-21, 03:48 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
Guess your shop doesn't sell Trek!
No we don't sell Trek but my tune wouldn't really change much if we did. What Trek has to offer is a massive logo that people know. A bike that costs more and gives you less vs a bike that costs less and gives you more and also happens to be one of the oldest bike manufacturers still in business is a better deal. If they were the same price and almost the same features than maybe the Trek might get my vote in that instance but spending more for less usually doesn't unless the frame is super spectacular. Gazelle has been making their own bikes since 1905 and made their first electric bike in 1937 with help from fellow Dutchistian's Phillips (who in WW2 did save the lives of almost 400 Jewish folks which is cool side history completely irrelevant to what we are talking about here). Plus I will throw in that the Gazelle does come in a small size and comes with the 4AH charger vs the 2AH charger with the Trek. The biggest downside is the rack mounted battery but that is not a huge dealbreaker at that price point.

I personally have no interest in the active line motor in my area there are plenty of hills and the active line motor just didn't give the power that people wanted to get up the hills for the weights of the bikes they came on. The active line plus is not a huge step up but a decent amount to make it worthwhile.

I am curious if you are supportive of the Verve+ 2 over the Medeo T9, why? No judgement or hate or anything like that I am genuinely curious what you think the Trek would offer over the Gazelle?

Also just as of note I am not a huge fan of Gazelle, I know these posts have made it seem like that and certainly their new models are decent bikes (and certainly give the feel of listening to customers and shops feedback) but I have had my issues with them. I just thought they made a good comparison to the Trek model we are talking about.
Likes For veganbikes: