View Single Post
Old 03-17-21, 08:12 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 622 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluesfrog
My Verve+2 has a recurring problem of dropping the chain. Then said chain gets jammed into the chain guard. Last Wednesday it happened again in an intersection as I took off under power. I eased over to the side but lost my balance and landed on my already injured right knee. I lost my cool a bit so the pain lasted longer with more intensity. It has been a week now so I think I can be a gentleman and call my LBS. This has been a thing for a year now with the chain, chainring replaced, and a chain guard added to the inside of the chainring. I don't think I am doing anything wrong. I let up slightly when I shift and the motor senses a shift and cuts the power momentarily. Good German engineering. But I still have the problem. Don't buy a Verve+2 until you think about this. I think the Verve+3 is perhaps a better buy. I did have to take the chain guard off to fix the problem. I don't wish that on anyone! Be Well, Bluesfrog.
Have you tried a narrow-wide chainring or is it a "special" bolt pattern. I would have Trek fix this permanently or inform the Consumer Products Safety Group about this since it's a real safety problem. My BBS02 hasn't ever lost its chain in almost six years of off road, but I've been using narrow-wire most of that time.
Likes For 2old: