Old 11-11-22, 09:16 PM
Greiham

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help with damaged fork and bad experience with xfixxi bikes

I bought a used xfixxi premiere urban track bike (47 xs) on the marketplace for $500 cad, it retails at $710 after taxes. I carefully conducted research online about them and all I keep finding are good reviews and how good and wholesome the company is, so I decided to buy the used fixed gear. Sadly my excitement to finally get my first fixed gear made me get tunnel visioned on checking out the second-hand bike that I was going to buy. I did not notice the sloping top tube which according to my friends, looks ****. I figured it might be because of the size (xs) and because it is a budget fixed-gear that they have to do it on smaller frames. (I'm trying to justify my purchase ) The first time I rode it on single speed it rode smooth, it was also my first time having 25mm tires and it felt fast! Until I calmed down a little and noticed that the bike is making weird sounds when I'm hitting the brake. I did a quick search online and it says that I should just adjust the stem so it compresses and does not wobble anymore. I tried doing that after flipping my hob to fixed gear, but I couldn't remove the wobble without the headset binding and being too tight. I tried following the advice of the owner and bought a new headset for $20 after tax and tried replacing it. This was the time I realized that the bearings are not damaged at all but just the fork. I tried removing the old internal bearing but I couldn't. I am planning to go to a bike shop soon after I find work since I'm an unemployed broke college student that wasted my entire money buying this fixed gear. I was heartbroken and regretted buying this specific brand so I searched the marketplace and I saw another bike just like mine but with a different headset, but the same handlebar. I talked to the seller and they said that they weren't the first owner and that the first owner probably changed the headset because it was wobbly too. I asked him if it was still wobbling and he honestly replied that when he uses the front brake it does. I'm left wondering if it was only us 2 or if more of these fixed-gear bikes by xfixxi has these problems. I'm not ****ting on the brand since all I heard were positive comments from them, it's just my first experience was too heartbreaking for me who is unable to get his bike fixed due to financial reasons. I know people might just say that I should find a job and get it fixed, or why would I spend my entire money on that bike? I'm sorry, I have been trying to find a job and my depression is just dragging me down, riding a bike is one of the few things that makes me happy, so I went all in. I had to sell my previous bike for this since I'm very interested in fixed gear and its culture, and now I'm left with a bike that I'm too afraid to use because it might break. I'm taking my time slowly fixing my mindset and trying to be positive so I can finally get a job and do things that I love but this setback is making my depression worse. I'm sorry for babbling, my question for everyone is, is the bike fork still usable and if I go to the bike shop how much should I expect to pay for changing the internal headset? I can't seem to attach the files so I'll just paste the link here (/NHpYJV1) (/0HsNBUp) and (/VSsuikE) all with imgur dot com at the front. (I can't upload pictures yet since I don't have 10 posts)