View Single Post
Old 03-13-21, 09:38 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,022 Times in 722 Posts
Originally Posted by OddJack
Are you guys serious about color??
Originally Posted by blakcloud
The stuff about colour is just plain juvenile but sometimes that is what you get here. .
2 years ago I went from looking at a lot of mid to upper range bikes before dropping the deposit and waiting a year to get a custom bike in part driven by the desire to have a certain color. When you're going to spend hours a week or even hours a day looking at your bike do you really want something you don't like the look of?
I'd be tossed between the Lemond and the CAAD, personally I'm impressed those old Giants have managed to stay together as well as they have but I wouldn't want to keep testing what they're longevity really is. Although there are plenty who like the Allez I've never felt their appeal and at the end of the day its a 20 year old specialized which is a pretty meh item to me. The Lemond is cooler imho but the c-dale is newer and probably the better bike.
Likes For Russ Roth: