Old 05-21-21, 09:40 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
First task is to list the events and assign them a priority. A, B, C. You get to pick ONE priority A. I would pick more "C" items than "B" items to avoid everything being 'kinda' important.

Next, you need to analyze the demands of the event type for the A and B stuff. See if they're totally unique or have overlap. Then, research some plan ideas based mostly around the A event and secondarily the B event. Then start doing it.

I know people love group rides and weeknight worlds, but if it means you torpedo a plan for your fun.......ain't worth it. Backoff and cruise Z2 with the B-group sometimes.

Without knowing a bullet point list of your events and which are priority, can't really suggest much.

Example for myself if looking back in time a bit:
-state TT's: priority A
-weeknight worlds: priority C
-informal local TT segment weekly ride: priority C
-cyclocross season after the state TT's: one race is A priority, probably a pair of B's, and a pair of C's

The weeknight worlds I've done once in two months. Priority C. Too bad so sad. During the "build" for cross season I'll probably make weeknight worlds a "B" item.

Give us a bullet list like the above, with the priority, and the likely demands (event duration, most likely zones used in it, etc..).
Likes For burnthesheep: