Old 06-24-21, 09:22 PM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2611 Post(s)
Liked 3,125 Times in 1,645 Posts
Track was fun the other night, mostly because there were 2-3 notable hitters that we missing. So in the 30 laps points race (sprints every 6), when a local TT ace (Greg) attacked after sprint number two, I jumped on right away. We got a gap and the field didn't respond right away so we swept up the rest of the points trading half lap pulls. After the next sprint I gave him a whole lap so we could swap the rotation and he could get the next set of points. I really screwed up by not jumping under him on the last lap, thought I would just accelerate out of his draft out of the last corner - mistake. He doesn't have big acceleration and it takes him a while to get going, but a whole lap of winding it up and thinking I could come around - yeah. mistake.

The madison was fun, by half way through I wasn't so spooked by the exchanges. My partner wasn't as fit as me and so after a few exchanges I had to sprint and dig full gas to get back on to the leaders, and after a few of those I told him "smooth, lets TT this". So we lost the front, but it was fun to get back in the groove of doing madison exchanges again.

Yesterday I took the TT bike out for 2x20' at z4 in Fiesta Island, and my hammies were surpassingly supple and forgiving after track the night before. I thought it would be a real struggle.

Off day today, light spin on the race bike tomorrow to make sure things are working, then Barrio Logan P/1/2 on Saturday. It's a tough course with a hill and 8 corners in it, so its gonna be tough. I would consider doubling up and going M35+ 1-4 60 min after the start, but I will have family watching and we are going out to an Italian lunch after. It's a tough course anyway so I might be cooked. Either way I'll be heading down to the course again in the evening to volunteer for course take down. Then ill cap the week off w some volume on Sunday.
Likes For TMonk: