View Single Post
Old 07-21-21, 12:40 PM
dscheidt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by easyupbug
Should I be using a tire for the pressure test at full pressure, can't recall ever having an inflated tube that held over night not holding under higher pressure but I have slept since then so just may not recall? I rotate through the 7 bikes I have hanging in a row and when i need cement I grab the bike with the little clip on the tool bag and use the cheap Chinese tube glue (Amazon <1$) from it and replace it with a new one, then move the bag clip to the next bike down the line. Kinda goofy so interested in this thread. These are my Southern AZ bikes where everything has thorns so I always carry a tube and patch kit for my self and others. I spend a few years in the PRC and can tell you there is a guy at his tire and minor bike repair stand on every corner of the less wealthy areas of cities, they know glues.
The only test I do is put air in them, and verify that it holds for a minute or three. I've patched enough tubes that I know my patch is good, the only reason I test is it's not uncommon to discover a second puncture. If I've done something like repair a two inch tear, I will leave it inflated overnight.
Likes For dscheidt: