View Single Post
Old 07-26-21, 10:03 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3147 Post(s)
Liked 1,711 Times in 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by Wattsup
Interesting idea. I did have an aluminum Jones Bar before the Moloko. I bought the bike like that. I liked the Jones, but after a while I felt like I was driving a bus.....too upright. The Salsa already has a short reach and a high stack. The Moloko wide hand position was a little farther forward...see the pic. (I think my Moloko has been cut down...not as wide as in the pic) Hand position is just behind the weld, leaving room for the XT shifter of course. That little bit makes a pretty big difference. Now that I've gotten more flexible, I actually prefer riding with my hands out on the "bullhorns" on the Moloko. I make more power I think....more butt muscle is going into it. I can't bring myself to ride drops like everyone else. I just don't think I'd feel secure in some of the rough stuff. Instead of buying a new, lighter, bar, maybe I'll just wash the bike after each ride. 😆
Oh, well yeah, the sweep is an issue. Maybe the idea of a multi-piece bar assembly opens up some options for you, or maybe you could try one of those eBay/Alibaba China-direct vendor handlebars, e.g: https://www.ebay.com/itm/TiAtom-Tita...-127632-2357-0