View Single Post
Old 11-14-21, 04:02 PM
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 69 Posts
OP your youth is calling you! I woke up one day and despite having a nice road bike I just craved to have a old school BMX again. That was 5 years and I'm still riding my BMX!. A couple of miles on a BMX is really is nothing, and I can keep it tucked away safe in my office. Since getting back into BMX I've owned both vintage, mid school, and modern. I can tell you that if you want a bike to cruise around and actually sit on. The old vintage 1980's BMX bikes are the best. But with 80's BMX some have a really short top tubes so you will want one that's at least 18.5". Modern BMX's are a lot more stronger and more robust. But the seating position simply sucks (At least for me). I've gotten the "S&M long Johnson" which is like a 12" seat post and it still wasn't comfortable. But modern BMX bikes were not designed for long seat posts. They were designed to have the seat as low as possible to maximize height on jumps.

What bike did you have as a kid OP? I would start looking there.
Likes For cbrstar: