View Single Post
Old 07-11-12, 10:09 AM
Allegheny Jet

Bikes: confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Since we may need "2 pages of back fodder". I'll add my own fodder for the good of mankind. I missed our Tue Worlds due to a work meeting. I did have enough time to make the opening night of a 7 week MTB TT series. I made the 7 pm registration deadline by 11 minutes, got the bike ready, warmed up, hit the john and was at the start line at 7:05.

I started out hard but not stupid, which came later. I got through the first third of the race very clean and smooth. They added a half mile of new trail which went well even though I didn't have a clue what was ahead. On the fast flats of the middle third I locked out the front fork and went break-a-way crit mode redlining it and going OTS after turns. The last third is technical and I felt strong. I even rode up the plank and across the killer footbridge with the pipe railing that broke my rib last year. (I was plotting my revenge the past 10 months!) I did have to dismount twice due to pedal strikes that stopped the bike but no crashes. With 1/4 mile of flat open path to go I reached to lock the front fork out and discovered that I never released it for for technical part. (probably Z4-5 cognisense)

Finished up a few spots from the top of the Sport Division. Im happy with the finish since the division is open aged and I don't race or train on MTB much.