View Single Post
Old 02-17-17, 01:18 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5703 Post(s)
Liked 2,430 Times in 1,343 Posts
I'd add a ride in the Ardennes area including eastern Belgium, Luxembourg, and the surrounding area depending on your capabilities for miles and hills. Also Northern England and Scotland. Also, maybe something in the Po valley pr Plain of Venice, starting in Milan, and riding to Venice or Bologna.

Skip the Erie canal for when you have a bit less time, it's nice riding but won't be epic.

As for out west, plenty of beautiful countryside, but distances are long, and it boild down to what you look for. Europe is about food, museums, and culture. The west is about scenery, if that's your thing, add the Canadian rockies, starting in or near Calgary as one to consider.

FWIW - Of those you've listed, I'd do the Munich/Bratislava ride, or one along those lines. That's on my list, but I'm looking at something either longer or farther downstream, maybe all the way to the Black Sea, or breaking off and ending in Istanbul, (sort of an Orient Express" ride). So,you might hold back on that until you have to time for something more Epic.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

Last edited by FBinNY; 02-17-17 at 01:22 PM.