serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by kissTheApex
MUPs are full of “interesting” people.

my afternoon commute starts on a MUP (the same one that got “famous” about a month ago ) that goes on a steady 1-to-2% climb for about 7 miles. Right at the start, I feel a “presence” behind me and find someone sucking at my wheel, less than a foot behind my fenders. Mind you, I’m on my commuter, with two full pannier bags, and I don’t wear a mask to boot. I slow down a little, and the guy immediately jumps ahead, does the same thing to another commuter I was closing on. The guy is on an aero bike, full aero kit down to his blue shoe covers. He tucks in, gets aero and practices his drafting skills, on a MUP, full of runners, walkers, evening commuters, going up hill.

I lost sight of him after about two miles, but during that time I saw him “drafting” two other commuters, a hipster on a steel bike blaring music from his phone, and a gentleman of mature ages within the time I was trailing him.

what kind of a ****** up delusional mind do you need to have to think that practicing your drafting skills on unsuspecting strangers on a MUP I wonder?

sorry, rant over.
No idea. When I go out I want the maximum pain in the time I have. Hence heavy and slow everything (other than wheels to keep in wind practice), and I will seek to pass everyone. And when the tri boys go by, I just let them.