View Single Post
Old 09-03-20, 03:18 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,378 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by bblair
I am only a saddle (and some bar tape) away from my vintage Paramount being done! I have decided to go with a Brooks, since that is what mine from the 70's had before it was stolen. New ones are over $120. Used are cheaper, but is it folly to buy one broken in (finally!) to fit someone else's butt?

Everything else is period-correct; maybe I should go with a modern, more comfortable seat?
A pre loved one is fine as long as the $$$ are in line. I buy any and all that I need/want, old, new, broken in, not, scruffy, nice, etc, etc.

Love em all and never have a problem, really like to get old ones on bikes that I buy and find a better home for them in the fleet.

Any Paramount deserves the most correct/appropriate one you can muster without breaking the bank or searching the globe.

I consider an old open nose Pro best for these but ymmv.