Old 04-08-21, 11:00 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
I found the process of setting up the 530's data pages to be mind-bogglingly awful, though you've got me wondering if the problem was partly mine. And I agree about the mapping and some of the other feature comparisons.
Yeah, setting up the fields isn't terribly intuitive, but once you figure out swapping a field position vs changing to a different data field, it's not... well, it's less bad. My second time around was much easier than the first (I killed my first 530 somehow, and it was swapped under warranty).

Originally Posted by msu2001la
The interface is a bit clunky and adding in turn-by-turn routes and maps is cumbersome.
The 530 is very easy, provided you're doing this legwork in front of a computer. Make your route in Strava, Connect or Ride w/GPS and that's that (assuming your accounts are linked). One thing that I really like about the TbT is that it'll give you audible cues, including distance to turn and street names, if you've got BT headphones connected to your phone (I've also found that disconnecting your headphones once you're underway will result in these audible cues being announced over your phone's speaker, or at least it does in my case).