Old 02-23-20, 08:26 PM
elcraft
elcraft

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by brandenjs
Well, this is my first Super Course though it’s a little rough. Price was right and I’m a sucker for a Reynolds 531 frame of any kind. A big question is, can this Brooks saddle be saved or just wall art at this point.

This is the exact same paint color and decal/transfer scheme as my beloved Super Course! However, the usual Raleigh variation in spec’d components has mine with the slightly nicer (IMHO) Stronglight 93 crankset, but with the less desirable Huret Challenger rear derailleur. The rest of your derailleur set seems to be identical - Challenger set. The Nervar set was nice quality but seemed more difficult to source replacement chain rings because of their unique 128 mm BCD.
Also mine came with Atom 440 pedals ( like MKS Sylvan Touring pedals). Your pedals look like those Raleigh Industries steel quills (IIRC “Phillips pattern”?). Very nice but a tad too narrow for my wide feet. The rims also look to be different; mine were engraved Weinmann Non dimpled Alesa type rims. I always thought that this was particularly nice paint scheme.