View Single Post
Old 05-20-21, 08:41 PM
LV2TNDM

Bikes: Cannondale tandems: '92 Road, '97 Mtn. Mongoose 10.9 Ti, Kelly Deluxe, Tommaso Chorus, Cdale MT2000, Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser, Torker Unicycle, among others.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 129 Posts
As I've already posted, I'm now using F & R lights all the time. When driving up Mt. Hamilton last year, it became obvious to me how smart daytme lights are. Then after getting hit by a careless driver a month ago, that's all the convincing I'll ever need. (Didn't go down, no damage to the FULLY RESTORED $8k tandem I was test riding either! Thanking my lucky stars every single day!)

Yes folks, use those lights ALL THE TIME!

And no, I am NOT letting drivers off the hook. No, they shouldn't have to be BLINDED by the light to see us. But I'm also pragmatic. I accept the fact that if it saves a life, it's worth doing. Plus, motorcycles are mandated to use DRLs and they're shown to reduce collisions in autos as well (both my cars have 'em). So use lights! Especially anyone upping their average speed considerably on an e-bike!

EDIT: What am I using? Oh I don't know. Didn't pay too much attention. PlanetBike on the back of one bike. All I know is that today's rechargeable LED lights are AWESOME! I'm one of the few who not only remembers one of the original flashing safety light (name escapes me), but owned and used on. Then the red Vistalite LED lights came out in the mid to late 80's. NightRider, NightSun former user. So glad today's lights are cheap and effective!

Last edited by LV2TNDM; 05-20-21 at 08:48 PM.