Old 05-22-21, 06:33 PM
AlanK

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
He said he preferred SPD when he was younger. Apparently that was less than two months ago. It makes me wonder if Alan is yanking our collective chains or if he is just that new to all this that he is still changing his mind very quickly while figuring it all out.

To be fair we all change our minds on some of this stuff. You can go back and find me espousing different opinions than I hold now. You generally have to go back years or more often decades though.
I'm just getting back into cycling after a long hiatus; about a decade. So, yes, I'm re-familiarizing myself and figuring things out.

I think I was more of an enthusiast when I was younger. Now I regard cycling primarily as efficient transportation that also enables me to get some exercise. Practicality and simplicity is more important to me now.

Originally Posted by GamblerGORD53
I've been wearing nothing but steel toe low cut shoes in summer, on bike or not. Steel toe rubber boots in snow and for riding in spring puddle conditions. They do get hot on hot days. So I have zero worries about comfort, protection or terrain.
That's why I prefer to just don weather-appropriate footwear with platform pedals. If the weather is warm and dry I wear sandals. If it's cool and dry I wear sandals w socks. I don't ride much in inclement conditions, but if and when I do I can wear boots or whatever.

So far it's interesting the preferences are pretty evenly distributed. I guess that's why they all still persist.

Last edited by AlanK; 05-22-21 at 06:37 PM.