Old 06-20-21, 11:50 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4413 Post(s)
Liked 4,865 Times in 3,011 Posts
Originally Posted by popeye
Yes
any BPA-free plastics may leach potentially harmful BPA-like chemicals, a dilemma Mother Jones explored in our exposé on the plastics industry earlier this year. But consumers have had no way of knowing which of the items lurking in their pantries might wreak havoc on their hormones. Until now. A new paper in the journal Environmental Health identifies specific plastic products—including AVENT baby bottles, CamelBak sippy cups, and Lock & Lock food storage containers—that leach estrogen-mimicking chemicals. Perhaps more importantly, it also names a few options that are hormone-free.

Estrogenic activity before and after UV exposure
Water bottles before UV - after UV
CamelBak, black Tritan Not tested Positive
CamelBak, blue Tritan Not tested Positive
Nalgene, blue* Tritan Negative Positive
Nalgene, green* Tritan Negative Negative
Topas Cyclic Olefin Copolymer (COC) Negative Negative
Zeonor Cyclic Olefin Polymer (COP) Negative Negative
Okay, so your first link can be ignored for the Camelbak Podium because it discusses the effects of BPA and BPS - which the Podium is free of both.
Your second link may have some implications, but the test was with bottles from about a decade ago, so the latest Podium may or may not have these issues. Is it even made from the same material as those tested back then?

If I took a step back and made a list of all the potentially unhealthy things in my life, Camelbak bottles wouldn't come anywhere near the top. What about air pollution, processed food, red meat, pesticides, alcohol, etc? I presume you have all those fully taken care of and this is your final health worry?
Likes For PeteHski: