View Single Post
Old 03-14-19, 09:26 AM
chicagogal

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
I can't determine whether to be concerned or not. Yesterday walking around on a site tour I almost had to excuse myself back to the office area from about feeling off. That low sugar feeling. Got back to office once tour over, and within 5 minutes was fine. Almost like a switch. I've done a more VO2 biased work set recently in the past week or two. I don't eat badly. A few bad habits, like cereal breakfast and night time red wine. Otherwise it's pretty healthy stuff. I don't do anything diet wise I'd think would cause me to feel that way. Especially since it was a rest day, and well after lunch also. Unless my leftovers at lunch wasn't enough. I can usually fast and even ride Z2 without much input just fine.

I'll keep an eye on it.
I tend to get that now and again when standing for long periods of time. A site tour would be a time when I could see that happening, if there is a lot of standing in one place with no idea of when the group will get going again. It usually just takes me a few minutes of sitting down and the feeling passes, like it did for you. This doesn't happen to me often enough for me to really worry about it - maybe once a year .... and I am talking about days when nutrition has been good. I am not talking about those times when life interferes with a recovery meal and the blood sugar crashes fast. That was me yesterday - not good.