Old 03-15-19, 08:45 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Shoot, it's been almost a month since I last posted here!

I've been busy, 6-7 days/week either on the bike or running (recovery days are runs). Big rides have been split between long-distance ones and threshold intervals, with some climbing thrown in.

One of the distance rides was with a guy who was about equal to me last year. As we headed out, he mentioned that his doctor had prescribed him testosterone since the last time we rode together...so I'm riding with a guy 25 years my junior who's been juicing. It wasn't pretty. I finally gave up about 50 miles into the ride and turned around, my legs in bloody tatters. He did a 200+ mile solo ride last weekend and averaged 20.4 mph. I guess that stuff does work.

Yesterday was my biggest climbing day since Lotoja, 5400 feet in 76 miles. The only way you get that much elevation in Louisiana is hill repeats - lotsa hill repeats. Three different climbs, eight times each, with the first two climbs ten minutes apart separated by more hills so not much recovery. I was pretty hammered after the second set, luckily I had about ten miles and a convenience store before the last climb. I think Snickers bars have magic in them, I was pretty much recovered when I hit the third climb.

45 minute run today, an hour recovery ride tomorrow, 3x20' threshold intervals Sunday, then it's taper until Saturday and my first goal event of the year, the Texas RAAM Challenge.

Demain, on roule!