Old 03-01-20, 07:14 AM
kayakindude

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR600/BioPace, 1991 Cannondale Road Tandem,1994 Giant Iguana MB, 2009 Airnimal Chameleon, 2016 Dahon Vybe C7A

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Bassmanbob
I've fallen back in love with my Bike Friday Pocket Rocket. For you, I'd consider the NWT or the Llama like linberl said due to your desire for some gravel cycling. I haven't ridden my PR, but I'm currently getting accustomed to riding it again. I'm taking it to Washington DC on a business trip. I'm going a day before to ride it to Mt. Vernon, then after visiting that historical site, I'll come back to DC and do a small section of the C&O before dinner. In August, I'm bringing it to Oregon to do the Crater Lake Century. I've done the GFNY New York century in 2018 on my BFPR, and it was solid as a rock. And besides, there's no better feeling than passing someone on a folding bike, followed by the huffing and puffing you hear the other rider doing to try and pass you again. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't... it's still fun.
The ride from downtown to Mt Vernon is one of my favourites on a folder, when you get there stop at the bar for a pint and try their chesnut soup...it's like hot liquid peanut butter.

As others have mentioned you can't go wrong with a 20 inch Dahon. Affordable and can handle 90% of the terrain out there. Light dirt or gravel they handle fine, I've used mine on class 1 desert trails without issue. It's the bmx bike with long seat post you mentioned.

Last edited by kayakindude; 03-01-20 at 07:38 AM.