Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
I’m curious- if you book a repair 3 weeks out (say for a tune up) does the customer have to leave their bike for 3 days or can they drop in the AM and pick up that night.

IMO if people are making appointments 3 weeks out for a 3 hour job, they shouldn’t be without a bike for three days or more which is the case with every shop near me.
I should do this more often but last year was a little too off the hook. In reality most repairs that came in last year were because the bike was un-rideable so not having it was not exactly causing most customers any additional lost time.

If an enthusiast (read as: anyone posting to forum about bikes) called in and asked about lead time I could usually size them up quickly on the phone and work out an appointment. "If you drop it off early morning on Thursday I can get it back to you that night or Friday night. I'll call you as soon as I know if there needs to be any parts we don't have."

I'm in a new location this year with much less foot traffic which will allow me to concentrate on appointments and service so I might experiment with some more ideas. Spent a bit of the morning looking into appointment booking