Old 06-09-21, 11:10 AM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
I could carry that lamp (safely) on a bike. I'm serious. I'm not saying I would. I'm saying I could. I've carried items as fragile, even more unwieldy, and (possibly) more valuable items by bicycle than that lamp. Respectfully, y'all's just don't get it. I drop in here every couple of years and the ethos never changes. "Car free is just too hard, you have to be some kind of really special individual, or one of those LOSERS who has one too many DUI's ...". Didja's ever think that there are GOOD people. INTELLIGENT people. That the DMV is NEVER going to grant an operator's license to? Probably the number two most frequent reason driving people to suicide must be the loss of driving privileges. But not all people who CANNOT drive kill themselves! Nor do they all molder away in a parent's basement. More should consider a bicycle. When the price of decent e-assists comes to equilibrium I think a lot more involuntary non-drivers are going to take up vehicular cycling. I don't think it would be that bad of a thing if this forum were shut down until such time as actual LCF cyclists become the majority of those participating.
I have never insinuated any of those comments, and I have rarely seen these types of responses.

The facts have been laid out why it's so hard to live car free. Being a flipper, and not owning a car, and purchasing things for resale to make the kind of money you need to make you really need a car. I made more money in the last year because I had access to a car that I didn't have before.

I am in complete support of living without a car. But I have found it nearly impossible in an area where it's very easy to get around without a car. At least form a money making standpoint.

Not one soul with a well paying job around here is riding a bike to work. The city yeah, the burbs, no way.

Right now it's like a blast furnace outside, and I still may ride down to the coffee shop.........

And I will stop in the local REI where the manager once in a blue moon rides his bike to work........

Last edited by StarBiker; 06-09-21 at 11:17 AM.