Old 06-13-22, 03:22 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 2,094 Times in 1,311 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Honestly, nobody asked you. You've for years jumped into topics like this with the recumbent stuff with questionable data, claims, and "this would crush that" nonsense.

You even contradict yourself in your own post when you start backpedalling your claims from "destroy that record" to "there are not too many bent riders who can do that power for 44 minutes".

Right. Weak flex. Weak.

To the rest.........ya'll realize there's stage finish times for TTT's done on road bikes, right? And there's also stage finish times for plenty of pro ITT's. Sorry to say, the road bike TTT's are universally slower. I already posted the example from a real result.

Ganna did 33mph in Imola. Aeroweenie puts a roadie with a .300 CdA on a road bike at 630w for that speed. Which is a great CdA for a road bike setup. Most pros can probably do 630 for 90 seconds? Maybe 120 seconds? Ganna did Imola in about 35min. 35min divided by 2min worth of pulling?

Try again.
Years?

I've been a member for one year. I rarely bring up recumbents, you might confuse me with another.

Relax. It is just a discussion. Take a rest day. Monitor HrV closer.

You cite a roadie cdA of 0.300, yet, you have claimed (I believe it) that your CdA is 0.250 on the road and around 0.190 on your TT bike (which I also believe). So, 8 riders alternating at 600 watts at 0.250 would probably beat a TT rider at 420-440 watts. You do realize the lead rider gains a fairly significant aero advantage compared to riding solo, so, I think 0.250 is probably conservative figure for the lead rider who is a top pro.

WRT claims. I gave a simple fact, Bram Moens beat several UCI TTT single handedly in his 50's. Another fact, the hour record for a bent is faster, was done at sea level, and was not done by a world champion rider, just a really solid top amateur. All facts.

I was responding to our buddy on the West who was asking about bents in general. I did not contradict myself, there are very few fast recumbent bikes or riders out there....just a fact. There are maybe 20-50 total fast recumbent bikes in the country (M5, NoCom, Mirciglio, Troytec). Put such a bent at aguascalientes at altitude rather than Bordeaux and you'd probably see 60 km in an hour instead of 56.597 km/h set by Matthias König several years back vs 55.089km UCI record.