View Single Post
Old 02-23-18, 11:51 AM
hman0217

Bikes: Surly LHT, Lynskey Cooper cx, Specialized Stumpjumper 26er, Jamis Dragonslayer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Frame bag Knee Rub - who cares?

Hello

I recently got a revelate tangle half frame bag and installed it on my lynskey frame. This bike I built for mostly commuting, a little fun, but also slated for my debut gravel race in April.

I just went around the block a bit to see how it felt and what I noticed is that it does rub a little bit on the knees. Just a bit though. It has a pump some small tools, a tube and a rain shell in it to mimic what I'd pack for the gravel event.

It's still basically "new" so I want to ask before it's not new enough to still return:

1. How many of you find that the rub, over time, creates an uncomfortable chaffing against your knees?

2. In more aggressive faster riding, how many of you would consider the frame bag rub against your knees to be a nuisance?

I noticed in pictures of my upcoming gravel race that not a single bicyclist had a frame bag installed (even though the much much longer Dirty Kanza seems to have them in spades) so I'm wondering whether this lack of frame bags within the genre is just a matter of "tradition" or whether the prevailing school of thought is that they are "not a good idea."

I don't care about being in style (that much). I care about being functional.

Thanks all
Likes For hman0217: