View Single Post
Old 05-18-22, 08:17 PM
Kai Winters

Bikes: Specialized Aethos, Specialized Diverge Comp E5

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 456 Times in 267 Posts
Worst bike: No name beach cruiser bought on the interwebz and assembled, or at least started to/tried to, by the customer's friend. Brought to the shop where I work for us to build. Looking the bike over I notice how close the fork tips are to each other...uh oh...put the front wheel to the fork and yep it's not going to fit. The fork was welded incorrectly at the factory, or behind somebody's tin hut more likely, and are too close at the tips by over a centimeter and no way can they be "persuaded" to move out enough for the hub to fit. New fork on order. The rest of the bike is just cheap junk. But we'll get it working and it likely will cost more than buying a real bike at a local shop.

Best bike: Working on a new build. 2022 Spesh Tarmac SL7. Building it from the frame up. Ultegra 11 speed Di2, some very nice Campy Carbon wheels. Waiting on a couple of fiddly bits, which should be in tomorrow, and with a bit of luck the bike may be finished tomorrow...fingers crossed.
The parts for this bike were bought basically one piece at a time...boy what a pain in the ass...waiting, waiting, waiting...hoping the parts are on the way...nope...back in the box...building a bike this way is a real pain in the ass.
When I built my Aethos several months ago I had all the parts and had it built in one day and a couple of beers...in my home shop, not the work shop lol. All this waiting, the Tarmac frame came in before my Aethos frame arrived, is driving me crazy...I want it done so I can move on to another build.