Old 06-25-21, 09:35 AM
Excelsius

Bikes: CAAD10 Rival

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
Excelsius I wouldn’t muck around with a “tubeless conversion kit” if I were you. Heck, ai wouldn’t do it myself, and I’ve been on road tubeless for about seven years now. There’s too much to go wrong hacking it; get a tubeless compatible wheelset or forget it, that’s my advice.

My suggestion to you is to get a pair of Schwalbe Aerothan inner tubes and pair them up to the Pirelli Cinturato Velos or some other tire as you prefer. As noted upthread, TPU tubes like Aerothan are lighter than standard tubes, more puncture and flat resistant, and have lower rolling resistance.
Are you aware of particular issues for the conversion? From what I read, it seems all rims should be "TLR".
Aerothan is an interesting concept, but at $30/piece plus inability to repair, I'm not sure it's a good investment. If the tire is protecting from flats already, not sure if the tube would be important because if anything can get through a tough tire, the tube wouldn't stand a chance. But I would have to buy new tubes since the ones I have only cover up to 25mm. Maybe if there are cheaper alternatives, wouldn't hurt if the tube is somewhat puncture resistant as well.