Old 01-05-09, 09:46 PM
Spokesmaneditor

Bikes: Rans V-Rex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got a new V-Rex-I have questions

After riding a friends Rocket, and after a bit of searching, I found a used V-Rex. It is a bit worn, but still quite nice. I think it is a 2001, or at least that is what the second owner said. As far as I can tell, the 2001 and 1999 both were the same color and had the same parts.

My questions:
1. Mine has a skewer seat post bracket. When did the Roc-lock seat post first get put on the V-Rex? If I got one of the new seats, would I need to add anything? The aluminum rail looks to be 1.5 inches. The Zephyr seat looks nice and is lighter. What is the best seat option? (I am light at 160 lb). I was going to change the foam pad for the lighter one, get a new cover, and a new seat back, but then I thought I might as well consider other seat options. I do find the stock seat quite comfortable, it is just a bit heavy. As you can see, the stock 31 lbs is a concern to me since it is very hilly here in Alabama.
2. Lighter wheels would be nice. Any suggestions?

I am sure others have asked these questions before, so I apologize for the newbie questions in advance.

Lovin' the V-Rex

Cheers,
Zoltan