View Single Post
Old 05-15-22, 10:32 AM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 969 Post(s)
Liked 1,632 Times in 1,048 Posts
Originally Posted by bargainguy
...If you aren't sure the threads are greased...
Welcome to the forum! So ya got a Walmart Bike and are now cycling, Bravo!

I have had quite a few people bring thier Walmart bikes over for a good look and Ill tell ya they are all different and they all need adjusting. First off, assume that nothing is properly oiled or greased. On two bottom brackets I found literally no grease what so ever. There was just some kind of waxy spray. I think it could be because of shipping regulations but who knows. I would suggest that you do a proper lube over the entire bike and don't be afraid of over doing it. Also, don't get fancy, "30wt Motor Oil" and "Marine Grease" is just fine. WD40 is for cleaning not lubing.

Walmart bikes fill an important void. They will allow ya to ride and learn just what kind bike you want. For the most part they are worth it as they allow you to get in and get dirty without the worry of destroying a really expense bike. Your next bike I predict will be much different but for now ride and enjoy... That's what it's all about...