View Single Post
Old 07-02-20, 08:08 AM
jbchybridrider 

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by robertorolfo
Just to make things a little easier, I'm not going to ask you to identify a rusty old frame, I just want to hear people's opinions on the best color of bar tape to use.

I recently received the frame below, and I'm going to start building it up. Components will all be silver/aluminum. Basically I'm trying to decide between my usual white, a yellow for which I have a matching saddle, or maybe even a gold?

To be clear, I'm really opposed to black bar tape, especially on vintage bikes. And I am a believer in having the bar tape match the saddle where possible, so that makes the gold option difficult. I do have one yellow saddle (not my favorite, but useable), although colors on the graphics are really more gold than yellow.

What do you guys think?
First thing I thought is black seat and tape gives the most classic look to this frame. Being a darker blue to Gios and gold lettering white doesn't look right. White might just pass for the frame but not the gold. With this frame brighter colours can only go with one colour but not the other, black fits with everything on this frame and gives the most classic look. So double layer black cloth tape and black suede seat for the most classic look imo. Did I say "classic" enough

And silver components. Beautiful frame too!

Last edited by jbchybridrider; 07-02-20 at 08:17 AM.
Likes For jbchybridrider: