Old 06-22-21, 04:54 AM
darnet

Bikes: 4 Raleigh's (1 International, 3 Super Course), 2 Miyata (610, Alumicross), one each Bianchi Eros, Fuji Cross Pro, Lotus Excelle, Paramount Series 7 Carbon,Specialized Sirrus Comp, Trek something mountain bike, Univega Super Strada, Wheeler Tremosinep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts
Green Super Course update

Only a couple of rides in the past 2 weeks. Wednesday before last rode to breakfast diner at the Nashua, NH airport, and back home (9.2 miles). Got lost looking for a conservation land trail I used to ride on, then lost my air pump somewhere, maybe on somebody's lawn I cut through to get back to a street.

Last Friday rode Nashua River Rail Trail to Sand Hill road in Groton Mass, with a side trip along the way to the Covered Bridge in Pepperell, Mass. Note water bottle which caught on my bike shorts occasionally. Longest ride on the bike so far, 12.6 miles. Having replaced the BB I’d taken from the donor bike with the cartridge BB I’d actually bought, the front derailleur now rubs on the small chainwheel, and the rear won’t drop onto the smallest cog. Still hear clicking when pedaling heavy (despite swapping bottom bracket), and handlebar creaking might be getting worse.

At Sand Hill Road, I was amazed to see a Bicycle Repair Station, with air pump, rack, and an assortment of bike tools.

I electricians-taped over the rip in the seat before the rail-trail ride but I’m undecided on whether it actually improves the cosmetics. That seat was getting pretty uncomfortable by about mile 9 or 10. I could change the seat and still stay under budget, but I think I'll just stick to shorter rides for my last 30K.

Have to show the handle I crudely fabricated for the front derailleur shifter.

Cut out piece of black plastic material, used super glue and clamp to hold it in place temporarily, then drilled and screwed the piece onto the original broken shifter. I got LH and RH mixed up, so found that the piece rubbed on the down tube, so I had to file off enough of everything to clear the tube.

Total distance to date: 70.1 Kilometers.
Likes For darnet: