Old 02-03-22, 02:03 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
My last post was an error, rushing myself. However, cherry picking quotes is some weak tea.

There is no 180 in my posts, only a poster in this thread twisting other peoples words in an effort to support their own failed point.

Today's post: my forehead is bare skinand that's the point of wind chill factor, how the wind can affect exposed skin. So, wind chill factor works for bare skin, but ... and I repeat what I've said a ton ... when temps are low enough to consider wind chill, you'll have very limited skin exposed while riding a bike, so it's pointless.

Read the OP: For rides when it's cold and windy, simply include a wind blocking layer and dress the same as you would for the air temp. Wind chill is about the lose of heat from exposed skin, and I don't know anybody going out with exposed skin when temps are cold enough to consider wind chill.

BTW I'm going out for a 20-mile ride at 2F/-17C ... it's an errand, not a commute, I hope that doesn't offend someone.