Old 03-13-22, 11:12 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3089 Post(s)
Liked 6,593 Times in 3,781 Posts
I am glad to see that this thread popped back up. I haven't posted in it for quite a while. Let me bring you up to date.

My MRI ended up showing a 2nd tumor and other possible trouble spots. So, after a CAT scan and a Bone scan determined that those spots were not other tumors, in August I started on 3 years of quarterly hormone treatments. In early November I started on 28 days of daily radiation treatments. Those ended on December 3rd, 2022.

My PSA number had started at 5.9 in December 2021, had risen to 6.9 by September 2022, and during the radiation treatments had climbed to 9.7 in November 2022. The radiation treatments had irritated the prostate tissue which caused a climb in the numbers during treatment. In February, approxmately 2.5 months after my radiation treatment ended, my PSA number had dropped to only 0.21.

As we caught my cancer very early, no surgery was needed.

I must say that during the first two weeks of daily radiation, I felt fine. I continued to work, ride my bike, and felt pretty normal. At the two week point fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks. I stopped going to work for the rest of the treatments and for about 3 weeks after. Work told me to stay home and rest, and not to worry about coming back until I felt that I was truly ready. I ended up missing about 5 1/2 weeks of work.

Today I still feel like I have less endurance than before this all started. I often take a nap at lunch time but work is cool with that, as well. My oncologist has told me that I can live my life with no restrictions, and that I can ride my bike as much as I want. While I have ridden a bit on my trainer and have got outside for a few short rides, I can't wait until Spring really arrives here.

Last edited by cb400bill; 04-05-22 at 06:17 PM.
Likes For cb400bill: