View Single Post
Old 04-26-22, 06:58 PM
darnet

Bikes: 4 Raleigh's (1 International, 3 Super Course), 2 Miyata (610, Alumicross), one each Bianchi Eros, Fuji Cross Pro, Lotus Excelle, Paramount Series 7 Carbon,Specialized Sirrus Comp, Trek something mountain bike, Univega Super Strada, Wheeler Tremosinep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_K
That's a very clunkerific starting condition. Are you going for "as is" riding or are you going to try to make it look nice? I think I have a 1020 tubing sticker somewhere (unless I put it in the box o' crap).
Thanks for the comments. I wasn't sure what to do with it, my thoughts ranged from leaving it completely (and disgustingly) filthy, to sandblasting it (which would have made it the Silver Mirage). After thinking about it too long, I decided to do (here comes a weird description) what seemed to be what I think I would do. I decided to clean it enough so that I wouldn't be rubbing against rust and animal secretions, but to otherwise leave it as close to as-is as I could stand. So I have taken a wire brush, a wire wheel, some steel wool and some chemical cleaners to it. I am not going to repaint it, nor modernize or improve it, unless it happens as an unintended consequence of making it rideable within the cost constraints of the Challenge. Nevertheless, it will not look nice.
Likes For darnet: