I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4
There are people who believe that having bright lights will decrease the risk of a collision with cars. In other threads, there are those who believe they may increase collisions. And then in this thread, there are people who don't think lights will have any effect at all.
There are also people who believe that unusual bright light displays are signs of extra-terrestrial lifeforms; so what?
Originally Posted by Daniel4
In any case, if you are in a collision while having front and rear lights, as required in many jurisdictions, who do you think the police will charge: the cyclist because the driver who collided into you was distracted and confused by all the lights; or the driver who says "I didn't even see him"?
Hopefully the police will "charge" the individual(s) at fault for the collision and not engage in silly or irrelevant arguments made by emotional people.
Believe it or not, cyclists, even those having front and rear lights, as required in many jurisdictions, are capable of riding foolishly and being at fault for a collision.