View Single Post
Old 09-13-22, 12:53 PM
Calsun
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
I am amazed how the majority of riders I see on the roads are wearing dull and inconspicuous clothing. I almost hit a kid on a bike who was out riding at night with black pants and a black shirt. I saw the pedal reflectors that are mandated by law and that saved his life.

Drivers are busy texting or checking for texts on their phones and accidents have increased greatly. I want to wear clothing that make me stand out from the surroundings and I also ride so I am easily noticed. People who ride close to the curb and then need to go around parked cars are risking their lives as motorists are not smart enough to expect them to move out and go around the vehicle. With cell phones and a failure of law enforcement people to enforce hands free use in cars the roads have become a lot more dangerous for cyclists. Areas that I would ride in my area I now avoid as it is not worth risking my life for a ride.

If bike lights were bright enough to be truly of value they would be made illegal as with high efficiency car headlamps. And we now have people who are foolish enough to believe their new Tesla can be in auto mode and so we have deaths from these cars suddenly veering off and going into parked vehicles and buildings.