View Single Post
Old 02-10-20, 02:09 AM
brumby33

Bikes: Vivente World Randoneur (Australian Made)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hi all, hope you're all well.

Into the 4th week after my left THR and it's going great, my scar is now looking like it's healing well, walking without support, threw the crutches into my storeroom as they were getting in the way and doing 3 hours of rehab including hydrotherapy twice a week....went today in fact and almost walked out of there legless lol....I was totally exhausted...treadmills, hip flexes, exercise bike, more hip flexes and steps.....but i'm enjoying it as well as the social aspect of it.
I've been home now for 2 weeks and whilst we've had lots of bushfires and smoke since November, we now have serious flooding...more rain in one week than we've had in 3 decades....so can't get out to walk around the block......so I worked out extra hard today...and now feeling it
So now to cycling....I've been working on the exercise bike at the gym now for 2 weeks and doing about 6kms (3.7 miles) in 15 minutes at around 70-80 rpm so considering my commute to work is only 4km, by the time I start back to work on March1, I should be able to easily ride my tourer to work. I'll just allow more time and i'll do a test run or two before....so should be a good way to get back into it...but I haven't yet been cleared by my surgeon so i'll check with him first...if I gotta wait another month or two...so be it but I think I should be able to manage it now.
I'm determined i'm going to tour somewhere.......soon

cheers

brumby33