View Single Post
Old 04-11-21, 05:10 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8287 Post(s)
Liked 9,066 Times in 4,483 Posts
Today I rode from home for a few hours. I rode through a stop sign and heard a cop blip his siren behind me. Crap, where did he come from. He didn't pull me over, maybe just wanted to warn me. Later, I stopped for a red and there was a disheveled woman sitting on the base of a sign drinking a 16oz Budweiser and screaming about being homeless and something else. She turned to 2 other people near her and shouted "STFU" and went back into her rant at nobody in particular.

Back on residential streets I noticed a police helicopter circling overhead and heard sirens. A motorcycle flew by and I thought they might be chasing him. A couple blocks later police cars were flying by with sirens blaring. Never found out what was up.

There is a short section of mup I use to access the dam to ride to a different neighborhood. A guy was spinning around as if he was doing some form of martial art and wasn't looking and spun into my path. I had to stop or I would have hit him. Weird.

After that I was on a wide street and I almost ran over a potato bug. He was about 3 inches long and was running very fast toward the curb and I had to swerve to keep from getting him. I rarely see them and this is the first time I almost hit one on the road. Weird.

I like to go up the canyon where I used to live and take a break in the park there. As I was leaving the park an old friend from the road club recognized me from his car and we had a lovely chat for a while. So that was nice.