Old 10-01-21, 08:03 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,038 Times in 1,876 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man
Well I know for a fact that the Velo Sport Dura Ace AX equipped bike I bought used from Bloor Cycle had aero tubing on it not round. It was a really nice bike.

Cheers
Sorry, my intention was not to suggest that you did not own such a bicycle, only that it does not appear to be a Vélo Sport production model. I have all the AX era Vélo Sport literature and such a model is not catalogued. Nor is it in my Bloor Cycle catalogues of the era. I also owned the Dura-Ace AX model, the Image, and it was round tubed, as shown in the catalogues. Finally, I was competing and coaching during this era and particpated in many of the same events as the Bloor Cycle Team. Looking back though the old photos, I can only find Bloor members on stock Supra with Campagnolo SR. Consequently, the existance of such a bicycle, suggests a specialty model, something that Vélo Sport did not market to the public. As I'm sure you are aware, it's an age old practice for cycling teams to apply their bicycle supplier's decals to machines not marketed or manufactured by them..