View Single Post
Old 10-31-21, 07:37 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
Originally Posted by Attilio
going to be there regardless
ok wishing you a good trip. everyone has a different perspective & set of experiences with Manhattan. yours are definitely different than mine. my better half is there right now, upper West side. parked on the street last night, went out to check on the car, why, I'm not sure, discovered a $150. ticket due to parking not far enough away from a hydrant. someone pulled out from another spot so she moved it. Son & his girlfriend are visiting friends on the East side this weekend as well. I have no memories of ever seeing 1/2 the city burned down. except of course for 9/11 & that was due to "outsiders". I still remember the smell the acrid burning & cement dust. it took 3 days for that to leave my nasal cavities & I only visited the city for 8hrs, 14 days after it happened. stay off the transverse roadways thru Central Park, they aren't safe for cyclists. about 30 yrs a go brought a girlfriend (from up here) down to the city & to see a play, while we visited friends & family North of the island. the whole time we drove thru the city she ducked under the level of her passenger window. she was just terrified. now that's a country mouse ... hehe. good luck my friend, stay positive