View Single Post
Old 03-24-22, 09:57 AM
LeeG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 64 Posts
rear derailleur recommendations

I have a 1x9 spd drive train with a Microshift Advent rear derailleur on a bike I’d like to attach my Extrawheel trailer to. The trailer attaches to ball mounts that are part of the quick release skewer ends.
So, the issue is that with Shimano Deore derailleur the gear shift housing stop is attached to the derailleur far below the derailleur mounting bolt so the Extrawheel trailer arms easily clear the cable housing stop on the derailleur. But with the Advent rear derailleur the cable stop is above the mounting bolt interfering with the arms and severely limiting how much vertical drop the trailer can have before smashing into the derailleur housing stop damaging it and causing mishifts.
What I am looking for is a rear derailleur with a conventional low gear housing attachment point but can handle at least a 46 tooth if not 51 tooth rear cog. Just looking at pictures it looks like Box has a derailleur that might work but that’s just looking at a picture. This is for a bike I’ve put a midrive Bafang motor on and is used off road 95% of the time.