View Single Post
Old 09-03-22, 07:10 PM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 3,868 Times in 1,439 Posts
I rode one of my favorite routes today, along the Tualatin Valley Scenic Bikeway. I'm sure I've posted some pictures from this ride on this thread before, but here are some new ones. If you like farmland (and I do) this is a dream ride.

A sub-theme of today's ride was getting a longer distance test ride on my new-to-me Pinarello Super Record Special. It's got one of those paint jobs that looks very different depending on the lighting. Here's how it looks under overcast skies.

And here it is at Fernhill Wetlands, still with overcast skies.

The route passes through Verboort, where the locals are proud of their Dutch heritage.

I was right about here when I got a call from @merziac. Since it was a beautiful day and I was riding alone, I was happy to stop and talk bikes for a bit.

Did I mention there's a lot of farmland on this route?

So much farmland.

Orchards too.

I wanted to look up the population of Kansas City, Oregon and Roy, Oregon to share them with this post, but apparently the population of both is rolled into the population of Banks, Oregon in the census. The population of Banks is 1897, so you can imagine what bustling unincorporated areas Kansas City and Roy are.

I guess farmers have to keep themselves entertained...

...sometimes in very strange ways.