View Single Post
Old 02-20-23, 09:06 AM
Fentuz

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream p8 (sold), customized Dahon Helios x10, customzed Dahon Smooth Hound x11,customized Dahon Hammerhead 8.0 d7, Planet X Free Ranger (mullet setup 1x11), Planet X Giovanissimi 20 (1x9), Frog 52 (1x9) and Frog 48 1s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 177 Posts
200kms on the new wheels... They're not bad; they seem more rigid and are certainly faster.
Although the rear wheel is lighter, the Rim dynamic weight must be greater (42 instead of 20mm depth) so even if litepro uses a lighter aluminium (density), the density of that alloy won't twice lighter that the Frog one. So I think there's an aero benefit and flywheel effect, these wheels roll nicely and easily.

They are very comfortable.

Having said that, I had to be careful is the field openings/gate ways. In the Cotswolds "bocage", we are a little sheltered from the winds or to be more specific, there are fewer changing winds but, if we pass in front of a field entrance, the crosswinds rush in and the front wheels go off as the rim surface area is almost twice the dahon kinetix pro rim area. ..

Maybe I'll take another game for the Helios :mrgreen:
Likes For Fentuz: